New Addition and Interior Renovation, ADA Improvements and Master Planning
Longview Chapel Christian Church was built in 1925 as part of the self-sufficient Longview Estate to serve as a worship place for the estate’s 200 employees and their families. Our firm was hired in 1997 to renovate the existing building and to design an addition for the Longview Chapel Christian Church. Working with a committee of parishioners and volunteers, the chapel was reoriented, a fellowship hall was added along with a new kitchen, a nursery and ADA accessible entrances and spaces throughout the church. The new addition incorporated materials which were matched to the original structure in their design and configuration including stucco, windows, and decorative eve brackets. This ensured that the addition blended seamlessly with the original building while providing a modern facility which accommodate today’s Longview Chapel Christian Church congregation.