Captain Thomas C. Harris House
Historic Preservation and Rehabilitation of Interior and Exterior
The Captain Thomas C. Harris House (c. 1875) was donated to The National Trust for Historic Preservation as a Gift of Heritage. This significant Italianate brick property is located in Kirksville, Missouri and is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. STRATA Architecture Inc. was brought to the project as the architect of record in order to produce interior schematic design layouts, construction documents, and construction administration for the exterior restoration project. The rehabilitation included selective demolition of several 1950’s additions; masonry and wood restoration, the specification of a new roof system, window and exterior shutter restoration, tree and foliage removal, and the complete re-construction of a missing historic side porch. Properties donated through the Gift of Heritage program through the National Trust for Historic Preservation are preserved for future generations through private ownership.